Sunnyside Community Gardens, Charity #1092031 is looking for new trustees.
Trustees are people who volunteer their time to run charities. Our trustees are an ambitious and hard working group of people who give their own time to run Sunnyside Community Gardens and ensure that we are following all the relevant charitable and other laws. Trustees meet in person six times a year on a first Monday of the Month from 7pm till 9pm at Sunnyside Community Gardens.
We are looking for some new trustees to join our team in 2024. This is going to be a very exciting time for us as we are fundraising for a permanent building and looking to expand the work we do.
We are looking for people with three or more of the following qualities and characteristics;
- Have the capacity to attend meetings and do additional work for the charity at home (e.g. reply to emails etc)
- Happy to volunteer their time to support Sunnyside as a trustee
- Live locally. People who live in the neighbouring estates that use our gardens the most are especially welcome. (e.g. Elthorne Estate, ICHC, New Orleans Estate, Manchester & Goldie House)
- Interested in gardening and/or conservation
- Interested in developing community projects
- Enthusiastic about community fundraising
- Success with grant and trust fundraising
- Experience of working for charities
- Experience in management roles
- Experience with finances
- Experience of human resources
- Have been a volunteer at a charity before (not necessarily Sunnyside)
To gain a broader perspective we are particularly interested in recruiting trustees who do not currently volunteer at Sunnyside. (Though people who have volunteered in the past are very welcome to apply).
If you are interested in being a trustee please send a C.V. and a covering letter with your address, explaining how you fit some of the criteria above to